Title: Big John: The Life Story of John Gokongwei Jr.
Author: Yvette Fernandez
This is a children’s book I know however, it has a story that not only kids should know and I know had made you curious as well. When I saw this is the bookstore the other day as I was doing my last minute Christmas shopping, this is what it says on the back of it that made me buy it.
Very simple yet you will be intrigued. As I’ve said, I’d love to read inspiring stories of big people because we will always learn from it.
John Gokongwei Jr. is one of the biggest businessmen in the Philippines today. He was considered to be a Business Mogul here that’s why its hard to believe that he started from scratch. His father died, almost drown when he was going to Manila and a lot more sufferings but those battles didn’t let him down. Instead, he used them to his advantage.
This must not have been even half of his life story and is just considered as a short summary nevertheless, it’s worth reading.
When you buy this you not only get to know who Big John is but you can also help his foundation.
One good way to spend your 15-20 minutes.
Latest posts by Trixie Ricablanca (see all)
- Mga Tagpong Mukhang Ewan at Kung Anu Ano Pang Kababalaghan by Manix Abrera – Student’s Corner - September 22, 2017
- Alab ng Puso sa Dibdib Mo’y Buhay by Manix Abrera – Student’s Corner - September 21, 2017
- She’s Dating the Gangster by Bianca B. Bernardino – Student’s Corner - September 20, 2017
- Si by Bob Ong – Student’s Corner - September 20, 2017
- 3:30 p.m. with Sir Galahad (A Time for Dragons) by Kate Aton – Osias – Student’s Corner - September 19, 2017