Title: How Successful People Think
Author: John Maxwell
This is one of my impulsive buys and to add up, it’s costly despite of warehouse sales in different places here in Manila. But, though I spent a couple of bucks just to buy this book, there is no single tinge of regret I ever felt when I finished it (or as I was reading it).
This book has validated some of my doubts about my habits and how I think. I am highly intellectual being and my thoughts has always been my strength – never liked sports or any physical activity because I enjoy intellectual or reflective conversation over skillful duties. And thus the reason why, I can immensely relate to this book.
Somehow, after reading this, it made me realize even more that I am on the right track. I felt the same feeling 2 years ago when I read Tina Seelig’s What I Wish I Knew When I was 20 (may click the link and see my thoughts about this life changing book).
If I have to memorize one book in my lifetime, this will be my bet. It’s short, simple but is very insightful.
“Where success is concerned, people are not measured in inches, or pounds, or college degrees, or family background; they are measured by the size of their thinking.”
“How Successful People Think” by John Maxwell is a great little book and a timely read. Particularly in a day where media and others encourage us to follow our feelings almost to the exclusion of thinking.
Latest posts by Trixie Ricablanca Angeles, RN (see all)
- ABNKKBSNPLAKo?! by Bob Ong – Student’s Corner - February 22, 2018
- It’s A Mens World by Bebang Siy – Student’s Corner - February 21, 2018
- Alamat ng Gubat by Bob Ong – Student’s Corner - December 12, 2017
- The Problem with Being Laura By Ava Feliz – Student’s Corner - December 12, 2017
- L’Aquilone du Estrellas Review (The Kite of Stars) by Dean Francis Alfar - December 1, 2017