Title: If I Stay
Author: Gayle Forman
Just like some of my 2/5 rated books, I didn’t finish reading this novel. I’m nor sure if I should blame it to the book and the movie trailer I have watched or it just really didn’t suit me and my interest. I am not really an avid fan of young adult contemporary books however, I do enjoy some, but not all the time.
There were a lot of reason why I didn’t finish the book. One of which is its stickiness factor. I am on the 80th page yet, I felt like it’s a little boring and considering that I have watched the trailer already, I felt like, I have read everything (feel free to contest and comment below) and made me feel, there is no room for surprises anymore.
Maybe, I am into reading a fast paced book and there might be a disconnect on the type of genre that I want to explore. Maybe, I am just getting older and would want a more challenging read and less teenage-y type. It will surely affect how I see other books from the author and would probably not read any of her book yet. But, no doors will ever be closed. 🙂
Lesson: Do not ever watch a trailer if you are planning to read the book. It spoils the whole fun and excitement..
Latest posts by Trixie Ricablanca (see all)
- Alamat ng Gubat by Bob Ong – Student’s Corner - December 12, 2017
- The Problem with Being Laura By Ava Feliz – Student’s Corner - December 12, 2017
- L’Aquilone du Estrellas Review (The Kite of Stars) by Dean Francis Alfar - December 1, 2017
- Si by Bob Ong – Student’s Corner - December 1, 2017
- Things that Matter by Michelle Abigail Tiu Tan – Student’s Corner - November 14, 2017