Title: Interview With The Vampire
Author: Anne Rice
Being too enthralled with the Cullens (from Life and Death), was the main reason why I chose this book. And of course, comparison will always hit the way.
Bestseller books are one of my favorite to review in this blog, due to curiosity (most of the time) but as you notice, some would fail my expectation and wouldn’t be included in my best-rated list of books and unfortunately, this book is one of those.
This book was literally an interview with a vampire. It’s like, “seriously?”, and maybe, just find it too ordinary and I ended reading the plot somewhere else. As I was reading, I got bored and maybe, I’m not just a fan of old vampire flicks – which includes fangs, dark collared suit and coffin. Not really the one that I was so accustomed to. Those were also the same hesitations I have had, before reading the Twilight Saga (in 2008). Another reason again is timing – this book was written 40 years ago thus, served different type of audience.
Sorry for Anne Rice’ fans but this maybe my last from her (but of course, no close will ever be closed.)
“People who cease to believe in God or goodness altogether still believe in the devil... Evil is always possible. And goodness is eternally difficult.” “How pathetic it is to describe these things which can't truly be described.”
Latest posts by Trixie Ricablanca (see all)
- My Native Wife by Cissie Byrne – Student’s Corner - October 19, 2017
- A Place in Time by Jessica A. Concha – Student’s Corner - October 18, 2017
- Diary ng Panget by HaveYouSeenThisGirL– Student’s Corner - October 10, 2017
- Ang Reyna Ng Espada At Mga Pusa By John Carlo Pacala – Student’s Corner - October 5, 2017
- The Most Painful Battle by Haveyouseenthisgirl– Student’s Corner - October 5, 2017