Title: Manuscript Found in Accra
Author: Paulo Coelho
Though it’s not a story (well, there’s sort of a story in it, but is not its main attraction) which I usually look for in a book, i consider it as a gem! It’s a wonderful book of truthful wisdom.
It can be your go-to book in time when you want to re-view your life and if you want to reconsider some aspects of your being. I usually take down all the scripts or parts of the book in my reviews that would usually mark something in my heart and as I was writing down those quotes from this awesome book, I started to realize, I am almost rewriting the whole book because almost all of the things written by the author is really making sense and has touched me somehow.
Another best read for me.
Here are some of best quotes from the book.
Although anxiety is part of your life, let it not control you.
Excessive caution destroys the soul and the heart because living is an act of courage and an act of courage is always an act of love.
Great wisdom of life is to realize that we can be the masters of the things that try to enslave us.
We must struggle in order to grow but without becoming trapped by whatever power we might gain from that growth. We know such power is worthless.
Let us then be masters of our tongue and not slaves of our words.
Latest posts by Trixie Ricablanca (see all)
- Diary ng Panget by HaveYouSeenThisGirL– Student’s Corner - October 10, 2017
- Ang Reyna Ng Espada At Mga Pusa By John Carlo Pacala – Student’s Corner - October 5, 2017
- The Most Painful Battle by Haveyouseenthisgirl– Student’s Corner - October 5, 2017
- ‘GAPO by Lualhati Bautista – Student’s Corner - October 5, 2017
- Stupid is Forevermore by Miriam Defensor Santiago – Student’s Corner - September 27, 2017