The Journey of Life.
This could also be an apt title for this book which talks about the different stages a man could face just to know what his life purpose is.
It can be a slap to your face or a light to your darken or blurry perception about your own journey. Being contemplative in nature, this for me is a slap considering how ignorant I am about life. Somehow, I’d wish I have read and understood this book few years ago.
This book will give you a peek about your future and how you should face it.
Being a spiritual person like the author, I felt peace. That somehow, I am on the right track. That fear will always be there and distractions and harm will always be there to mislead you in finding your personal legend.
This book has its unique genre: The Marriage of fiction and nonfiction which made it more appealing for me. It will let you connect the dots about your life and which stage you are exactly at, right now.
Things I have learned: Courage, Perseverance and most importantly, Faith.
Be ready for a number of quotes that will make you want to read it too.
- We all need to be aware of our personal calling. As the years accumulate, so too, do the layers of prejudice, fear and guilt.
- Those who genuinely wish us well want us to be happy and are prepared to accompany us on that journey.
- The path of the personal calling is no easier than any other path, except that our whole heart is in this journey.
- Fall seven times and get up eight.
- If you believe yourself worthy of the thing you fought so hard to get, then you become an instrument of God.
- They come in search of new things but when they leave they are basically the same people they were when they arrive.
- I couldn’t have found God in the seminary he thought, as he looked at the sunrise.
- It’s the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary. Only wise men are able to understand them.
- If someone isn’t what others want them to be, the others become angry.
- Everyone seems to have clear idea of how other people should lead their lives but none about his or her own.
- To realize one’s destiny is a person’s only real obligation. All things are one.
- He had to choose between something he had become accustomed to and something he wanted to have.
- There was nothing to held him back except himself.
- The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world and never to forget the drops of oil from the spoon.
- He had not a cent in his pocket, but he had faith.
- Beauty is the great seducer of men.
- Making a decision was only the beginning of things.
- When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made decision.
- Everything in life is an omen.
- When you can’t go back, you have to worry only about the best way of moving forward.
- It’s only those who are persistent and willing to study things deeply who achieve the master work.
- Imagine if everyone went around transforming lead to gold, Gold would lose its value.
- Everyone has his or her own way of learning things. His way isn’t the same as mine, nor mine his. But were both in search of our personal legend and I respect him for that.
- Life is the moment we are living right now.
- The closer her get to the realization of his dream, the more difficult things become.
- He was being constantly subjected to test his persistence and courage.
- The language that everyone on earth was capable of understanding is their heart. It was love.
- When 2 such people encounter each other and their eyes meet, the past and the future becomes unimportant.
- If I’m really part of your dream, you” come back one day.
- It was my fear of failure that first kept me from attempting the master work.
- The future belongs to God and it is only he who reveals it under extraordinary circumstances.
- God only rarely reveals the future. When he does so, it is for only one reason: it’s a future that was written so as to be altered.
- He had been making risky bits ever since the day he had sold his sheep to pursue his personal legend.
- Courage is the quality most essential to understanding the language of the world.
- It’s not what enters men’s mouth that’s evil. It’s what comes out of their mouth that is.
- Wherever your heart is that is where you will find your treasure.
- You’ve got to find the treasure so that everything you have learned along the way can make sense.
- Love never keeps a man from pursuing his personal legend, If he abandons that pursuit, it’s because it wasn’t true love. The love that speaks the language of the world.
- One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needing for love.
- Language of omens always ready to show him what his eyes had failed to observe.
- Everything you need to know you have learned through your journey.
- You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it’s better to listen to what it has to say. That way, you’ll never have to fear an unanticipated blow.
- People are afraid to pursue their most important dream, because they feel that they don’t deserve them or that they will be unable to achieve them.
- My heart os so afraid that it will have to suffer.
- Fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
- Every second of the search is an encounter with God.
- All people who are happy have God within them.
- Everyone on earth has a treasure that awaits him.
- Some dies of thirst just when the palm trees have appeared on the horizon.
- Every search begins with the beginner’s luck and every search ends with the victor’s being severely tested.
- The darkest hour of the night came just before the dawn.
- When you posses great treasure with you, try to tell others of them, seldom are you believed.
- Strongest qualities: Giving up his sheep in trying to living out his personal legend and his enthusiasm during the time he had worked at the crystal shop.
- The alchemist answered looking straight into the eyes of the horsemen. Your eyes show the strength of your soul.
- Men have never understood the world of the wise. So, gold, instead of being seen as a symbol of evolution became the basis of conflict.
- They locked themselves in their laboratories and tried to evolve as gold has and they found the Philosopher’s Stone because they understood that when something evolves, everything around that thing evolves as well.
- They are brave men and they despise cowards.
- You gave them everything I had! Everything I saved in my entire life!, Well, what good could it be to you if you had to die.
- Don’t give in to your own fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart.
- There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
- Usually, the threat of death makes people a lot more aware of their lives.
- When we strive to become better that we are, everything around us becomes better too.
- When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.
- The soul of God was his own.
- No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in this history of the world and normally, he doesn’t know it.
Latest posts by Trixie Ricablanca (see all)
- Alamat ng Gubat by Bob Ong – Student’s Corner - December 12, 2017
- The Problem with Being Laura By Ava Feliz – Student’s Corner - December 12, 2017
- L’Aquilone du Estrellas Review (The Kite of Stars) by Dean Francis Alfar - December 1, 2017
- Si by Bob Ong – Student’s Corner - December 1, 2017
- Things that Matter by Michelle Abigail Tiu Tan – Student’s Corner - November 14, 2017