Title: The Grownup
Author: Gillian Flynn
Another Gone Girl hype here. If you’ve read her (Gillian Flynn) other books, you wouldn’t be surprised at how good it was written – with all the the surprises wrapped towards the ending and all the mind boggling stuff in between. She’s one of my most admired fiction author, because of how witty her stories are. It will keep you guessing up until you finish the book.
It’s part time psyche story and would initially look like a ghost story too.
This is only a 64 page short story and can be read in a few minutes up to an hour. I was actually reading another book and I just need a break from it so, I chose to read something interesting at the same time, would not take too much of my time; thus chose this one.
I will surely get her other published books in the future. By the way, this is an adult book and won’t recommend to teens.
“I heard you could do that—buy books by the yard, turn them into furniture. People are dumb. I’ll never get over how dumb people are.”
“I didn’t stop giving hand jobs because I wasn’t good at it. I stopped giving hand jobs because I was the best at it.”
After the love-it-or-hate-it hit Gone Girl, I can imagine the pressure was on for Gillian Flynn to produce another addictive book. I have no doubt she’s busy writing her next dark novel, but in the meantime she needed to throw her ravenous fans some fresh meat. Here comes The Grownup , a short story first published in an anthology collection edited by GoT author George R R Martin.
Latest posts by Trixie Ricablanca (see all)
- My Native Wife by Cissie Byrne – Student’s Corner - October 19, 2017
- A Place in Time by Jessica A. Concha – Student’s Corner - October 18, 2017
- Diary ng Panget by HaveYouSeenThisGirL– Student’s Corner - October 10, 2017
- Ang Reyna Ng Espada At Mga Pusa By John Carlo Pacala – Student’s Corner - October 5, 2017
- The Most Painful Battle by Haveyouseenthisgirl– Student’s Corner - October 5, 2017