Title: The Healthy Guide to Unhealthy Living
Author: Dr. David Clayton and Laura Vanderkam
Reading this is nostalgic. Reminds me of my college books almost 10 years ago (I am a registered nurse by the way) and reminded me about some topics especially on different drugs that can be used as anti antidepressant, relaxant and sleeping pills.
This book is informative and it’s not like a section in a lifestyle magazine that will tell you to exercise, do not have sex with random strangers, or use condom.
Some critics says, it encourages those bad habits whereas, I find it as a practical book on, what to do when…….
Unfortunately, there are people that can’t getaway with these vices and who are we to judge them? This book never supports those who does those vices. It just simple gives practical tips that were backed up by science. It would also discuss about it’s complications and what harm can you get from continued habits (such as smoking, unprotected sex, drugs etc).
If you are also stressed or you have an anxiety disorder, feel free to grab this book and there’ll be conservative managements that can help you relieve those tension. However, as what we hear all the time, it is best to consult your doctor.
Latest posts by Trixie Ricablanca (see all)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey (Book Review) - July 29, 2017
- Behind the Blog by Kryz Uy (Book Review) - July 2, 2017
- 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell (Book Review) - June 24, 2017
- Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson (Book Review) - June 19, 2017
- Give a Book, Get a Book: The Book Stop Project – Intramuros - June 12, 2017