Title: The Strange Library
Author: Haruki Murakami
"If you don't know something, go to the library." "The world follow its own thoughts."
This by far is the weirdest book I’ve ever read. As I read the reviews online too, most of the readers have the same observation as I did. The concept is technically for kids but if a kid would have read this, it will surely give them creeps.
As I started reading it and imagining the setting, I had this weird feeling that I was intruding another person’s mind. At some point while I was reading this short story, I fell asleep and sort of dreamed about the plot too and made some confusion on me because I thought I was still reading the book. I had a feeling that I was in another person’s dream and the very reason why I felt that creeps and felt so weird about it.
Yes, it’s weird but at the same time very interesting and magical. It gave me a new reading experience. This was the first Haruki Murakami book that I’ve read and it surely made an impact in my reading life.
Even the packaging of the whole book was unique.
Looking forward to more Haruki M.’s work. 🙂
Latest posts by Trixie Ricablanca Angeles, RN (see all)
- Parang Kayo, Pero Hindi By Noreen ‘Noringai’ Capili – Student’s Corner - February 23, 2018
- ABNKKBSNPLAKo?! by Bob Ong – Student’s Corner - February 22, 2018
- It’s A Mens World by Bebang Siy – Student’s Corner - February 21, 2018
- Alamat ng Gubat by Bob Ong – Student’s Corner - December 12, 2017
- The Problem with Being Laura By Ava Feliz – Student’s Corner - December 12, 2017