Title: Tuesdays with Morrie
Author: Mitch Albom
Very moving. One of my must read book. Very inspirational and full of positivity/optimism beyond impending death. I get teary-eyed when I get to remember the story of Morrie.
He is one strong person and he radiates his happy vibes to the people around him. He gave death a different meaning because of his positive outlook and though trying to combat a progressive disease, he didn’t stop being an inspiration to his students and now, for everyone.
“So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they’re busy doing things they think are important. This is because they’re chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.”
“Accept who you are; and revel in it.”
What a wonderful book, I couldn’t put it down! I cannot even imagine going through the last stages of my own life and being as brave as Morrie. He was filled with such happiness and joy in his own life. He had regrets but realized that it is okay as long as you can reconcile with yourself in the end. Many different quotes, paragraphs, and pages inspired me or triggered me to reflect upon my own life.
Latest posts by Trixie Ricablanca (see all)
- Mga Tagpong Mukhang Ewan at Kung Anu Ano Pang Kababalaghan by Manix Abrera – Student’s Corner - September 22, 2017
- Alab ng Puso sa Dibdib Mo’y Buhay by Manix Abrera – Student’s Corner - September 21, 2017
- She’s Dating the Gangster by Bianca B. Bernardino – Student’s Corner - September 20, 2017
- Si by Bob Ong – Student’s Corner - September 20, 2017
- 3:30 p.m. with Sir Galahad (A Time for Dragons) by Kate Aton – Osias – Student’s Corner - September 19, 2017